Looking for an easy but beautiful present for friends and family this Christmas? Why not try Vegan chocolate and coconut fudge! What better gift to give than sweet treats and this one is super sweet indeed.
I was bored one afternoon and crazily suggested to Emmeline that perhaps we should bake some chocolate and coconut fudge. Being the lazy baker that I am, I scoured Pinterest for the easiest recipe going and this was most definitely the one for me. It’s a strange situation but every so often I go all Nigella and want to be creative in the kitchen…thankfully the moment passes soon after any attempts at baking with Emmeline. I don’t know about you but she’s more hinder than help. I normally title her as Head Stirrer which she loves.
So what exactly is in vegan chocolate and coconut fudge?
In this recipe you simply need five ingredients:
100g creamed coconut block (not a can of coconut milk, the actual solid block you can buy in all supermarkets)
3 Tablespoons of maple syrup
2 Tablespoons of raw cacao powder or good quality cocoa powder
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper. I used a loaf tin.
- Chop the coconut into pieces and melt gently in a medium sized pot
- Take off the heat and stir in all the ingredients except the coconut.
- Stir until everything is well mixed.
- Pour/scrape the mixture into the tin.
- For extra decoration/flavour, sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
- Place in the freezer for half an hour.
- On a chopping board, chop into rough shapes. It doesn’t have to be perfectly uniform 🙂
Place the chocolate and coconut fudge in a unique jar, decorate with ribbons and gift to your child’s teacher/anyone you want to share it with. It doesn’t make a huge amount but it’s so easy to make, you can easily whip up another batch once you’ve eaten the first lot.
Store your fudge in the fridge.
Originally from Trinity’s Kitchen.
Her recipes are amazing, go take a look x