You know me, I love a bit of a question and answer so when Katie from Living Life our Way tagged me into hers, I jumped at the chance. Actually, I thought this one would be a pretty cool way of starting to prepare for 2017. I have lots of crazy ambitions some of which Joe rolls his eyes at but some of which are perfectly viable with a little bit of prep. So here goes…
- What was the highlight of 2016? That’s pretty tough but I guess starting my blog is high up there really. It’s been amazing getting to meet new people and I feel I’ve helped a few of you in some ways. I’ve had people contact me through email and via messages on my Facebook page and for someone like me, it means a lot that you felt I was approachable enough to do that.
- Name one thing you are most likely to remember about 2016 if asked in five years time? Agreeing to marry Joe! Haha ok I didn’t agree, it was a mutual decision. We were encouraged by Elsa so following a few conversations we decided to go for it.
- Sum up 2016 in one word. I’m not sure one word can sum up an entire year so I’m going for a few…stressful, varied, amusing, fun. Not all at the same time and not in that order.
- Name one pearl of wisdom from 2016 that you will carry with you through 2017. This year I learnt to fight for what I want and know is best. Basically I learnt to trust my own judgment and go for it. 2016 was the year I battled hardest with Herts County Council for provision for Jude and I think I had a few victories in there. I learnt that my voice does count and if I shout loud enough and have the best argument then I don’t have to be afraid of doing what I think is right, especially for my children.
- Do you have any new year resolutions? To work hard, improve my blog and get my book finally published 🙂
- How are you seeing in the new year? At home, chilling with a glass of wine. Elsa will stay up with us so that’ll be fun. We’ll watch the fireworks on tv and eat pizza together.
- What would you most like to do in 2017? Become a fully fledged published author. I’d also like to go on holiday.
- What are your main goals for 2017?Firstly, get married and have a lovely holiday with the children. Be financially a bit more stable. For me personally, my goals are to lower my stress levels, look after myself a bit better and not be afraid to do a few things just for me.
Jenni from Chilling with Lucas and
Kayleigh from Candyfloss and Dreams – It’s over to you xx
What are your new years resolutions?