Logging into Facebook this week, I saw that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award Tag by the lovely Nina from Ready for a Cuppa so thank you, it’s really lovely to get to know more of the blogging community and see how wonderfully friendly and family-like it is.
Liebster is German and means sweetest/kindest/valued/endearing and this award is given to bloggers by other bloggers which I think is pretty cool. Anyway, I have to answer some questions that Nina has set for me and then suggest questions for other new bloggers that I’d like to introduce to you.
So firstly, my answers to Nina’s questions…
1) What or who inspired you to blog? Well, that has to be Jude really. Could anyone give better material that that boy?! Yes, Jude and perhaps Joe because he told me I’m a good writer and should give it a go.
2) Who would you invite to a dinner party?
Kevin Bridges (Glaswegian Comedian)
all of my grandparents (as they are no longer around and I never got to speak to them as a grown up. I also never met two of them)
James O’ Brien (from LBC!)
Penny Vincenzi (my favourite author)
Joe. Can’t miss Joe out 🙂
3) If you had to give up one what would it be out out of tea, coffee or alcohol?
Easy – coffee because I hate it!
4) What’s your favourite view?
Random question…I guess water. I love looking out at a lake/sea/river.
5) Who is your inspiration in life?
I’m not sure I have one inspiration, lots of people inspire me in different ways. My mum because of her patience, dad because of his determination, my children because I want to give them everything I can and more and Joe because he is the calm that I’ll never be.
6) Whats the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
I’m not sure I’ve been given a whole lot of advice in the past. My dad is good for a bit of motivation, he’s definitely the person who has stopped me taking any crap from anyone these days. I realise now that it’s ok to take rather than give sometimes.
7) What is at the top of your bucket list?
I want to go on holiday! But not any old boring holiday, I’d love to go on a safari and sleep in a beautiful hut, waking up with an elephant looking through the window or something. I like interesting holidays, beach holidays bore me.
8) What’s the one place you would love to see if money were no object?
I’d love to do a tour of Europe, visiting all the countries that particularly interest me. Ok that isn’t one place. Ummm, one place…rainforests in Malaysia.
9) Is there anything you would do differently if you could?
I’m not sure I’d be me if I did anything differently. I’m sure I do lots of things wrong but I can’t change that.
10) What would you do with a lottery win?
Depending on the amount, we’d buy a few houses around the world…Caribbean, Chicago, London, Ibiza. I’d finally go and buy myself some new clothes and Joe a fancy car. I’d get Elsa all the shoes she desires, Emmeline a load of footballs (she loves them) and Jude all the building blocks he can find. I’d help a lot of charities but not the large corporate ones, the smaller ones that do so much hard work that goes entirely unnoticed. Charities that mean a lot to me such as Humanitas because it was started by an old school friend of mine and I’m stunned at the incredible work she has done. I’d also support charities for disabled children and adults because not enough is done for the vulnerable people in this country and abroad.
11) How do you relax?
I don’t really relax to be honest, I’d love to know how I relax because it hasn’t been witnessed in some time. I guess going out for dinner or just having a glass of wine with friends. No idea, perhaps I should try it some time…
Ok Bloggers, now for the rules:
- Write a blog post about your nomination, displaying an image of the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked you in his/her blog post.
- Nominate 5-11 other starting bloggers who you think deserve this award, and come up with 11 questions of your own for them to answer.
- List these rules in your blog post.
It’s now time for me to nominate new blogs:
Sonia Thorpe at This Mummy Loves
Frances Taylor at Whinge Whinge Wine
Jenni Grainger at Lancashire Tots
Emma Thrussell at Emma and Family
My questions to the above bloggers
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- If you had to give up one what would it be out of Tea, Coffee, Alcohol?
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- Most memorable book you’ve read?
- What would you sing at a Karaoke night?
- If you could only eat one meal ever again, what would it be?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What has been your biggest challenge with blogging?
- If you could go back in time, what year/era would you visit?
- What is your ideal night out?
Don’t forget to check out the blogs above xx